As you may know, returning the core of your transmission can save you a lot of money while allowing you to retain the warranty on your new Monster transmission. Here at Monster Transmission & Peformance, we strive to make the process of buying a transmission as simple and painless as possible. One of the ways we provide for you to do this, is to simply complete the form below. You may also set up a call with one of our Core Return Specialists to schedule the return of your transmission's core.
- Schedule core within 14 days of it being shipped out. By calling 800-708-0087 extension 3. (Core Return)
- Core needs to be received in-house within 30 days of it being shipped out.
- The core includes both Transmission and torque converter.
- If the core is not received within 30 days of the ship date, warranty will only be able to be obtained by paying the core fee. Otherwise, the order will be excluded from ANY and ALL warranty coverage.
- If you would like to send in your core to build, the warranty will be in effect on the ship date.
- All cores have a $200 shipping fee that is non-refundable.
- All core return shipping is non-refundable after 30 days.
- Once core is received the warranty is activated. If a core deposit was paid, then we will issue a refund. This usually takes anywhere from 10 to 20 business days, but can take up to 30 days to process.
Information for pick up:
- Drain transmission and torque converter as much as possible.
- Strap down the core to a pallet or crate.
- Remove any external parts. Any external parts received would not be returned.
- Once your transmission is scheduled for shipment, please print out three copies of the bill of lading. One copy should be accompany the transmission.
- Give the remaining two copies to the driver that is picking up the transmission, who will return a copy to you with your transmission's tracking information, as a receipt.
- If your transmission came in a pod, the core will have to be returned with the pod, to receive a full core deposit and/or activate your warranty.
- The core should not be cracked or damaged in any way. If the core is not a usable core, the warranty will not be activated. If you have a core deposit, it will be eligible for up to 25% of the refund.
Things to do:
- Make sure you receive the bill of lading, by calling us at the number above. The carrier that picks up your transmission needs to use the bill of lading that we will provide, once scheduled, to ensure pick up.
- Reach out to the freight carrier as soon as the bill of lading is received from Monster. They are the ones who will ultimately schedule the pick up, so they will be better able to provide you with the best time they will arrive to pick up your transmission.
To learn more about our order process, check out the video below!
Schedule A Core Return